1. When I go in and get Benny from his nap, he has always dropped his blanket on the floor, and he stands up, looks up at me then the blanket and tries his hardest to say "Uh-Oh!" His mouth puckers up in a little O, and it sounds more like uuuggghhhh-ooooooo. Never fail. Every single time.
2. He loves his blanket. You know, some kids have stuffed animals, or pacifiers, or their thumb. Well Benny has got his blanket-- 2 actually. He loves it, and he likes to snuggle with it and start sucking his bottom lip when he is tired and wants to go to bed.
3. We ask him, "Benny what does the Lion say?" And he will roar like a lion. But then we ask about any other animal sounds, and he roars every single time. I guess he likes the lion.
4. He loves to dive off our bed. If I set him on the bed, he tries his fastest to get away and slide off the bed. He never doubts that I will be there to catch him. Oh, the faith of little children.
5. We used to put storage bins to block the stairs until we got smarter and spent the money for a baby gate. He has learned to climb on top of the bins, and then he starts to cry until we come to get him back down. But then there he goes! Right back up again! It is a game he never gets tired of.
6. When we go outside, he likes to crawl over to get acorns, and grip as many as he can in his tight little fists. I have to watch him very closely, or he tries to pop them in his mouth.
7. He loves to pull things out of cupboards. There are a few in our kitchen that are still not child-proofed, and he loves to pull out everything he can out of those while I am not looking.
8. He loves swinging outside, he loves his baths, he loves pizza, he loves food, and he absolutely loves, loves, loves his big sister Ashlee.
3 comments:
I love how Benny is such a boy! I love how he is like me: he always has to be doing something (and can't sit still (unless he's poopin')).
I love how Ashlee is such a girl! She is a super sweet girl with no guile in her (just like her mom!)
what a sweet boy - he sounds so funny and full of life and fascination. you're such a good mom to him too!
its good to write these things down, so you don't forget. what a cute little guy.
Post a Comment