Dishwasher detergent...check.
cheese...check.
chicken salad....just looked good. :)
And my very last stop was to get 3 gallons of milk.
The milk didn't fit anywhere in my jogging stroller, so I just had to carry it in my hands. As I went through the checkout line, the man helping me took a look at me, Benny, Ashlee at my side, my overloaded jogging stroller, and the 3 gallons of milk in my hands, and exclaimed, "Well, I was going to say that you've got your hands full, but it's A LOT more than that! You've got your LIFE full!" I thought it was funny at the time, and agreed with him, especially as I was walking out the door, attempting to carry 3 gallons of milk, push a stroller, and Ashlee wanted me to hold her hand too. I've found as a mother that sometimes you just don't have enough hands.
Well I have reflected on what that man told me and I am happy to say that my life IS full. I love my life and being busy and being a mom, and all that entails. I love seeing my kids learn and grow, and being there for them. And I am proud to say that Benny stayed fast asleep all the way until we drove home that day. :)
Here's a picture of the little cutie pie, getting into trouble as usual:
2 comments:
That saying, "You've got your hands full," has bothered me for 4 1/2 years now. It bothers me when coming from someone who quickly trots by and doesn't even think that they could help. But from here on out I'm going to think about it in a new way. It might even be the best comeback I've ever heard for that one. -My life is full, Thanks. Thank you for giving me a new outlook for this one.
Hats off to you for carrying all that. Sounds like someone's been doing their P90X work outs. =)
I love that picture!
Post a Comment