Monday, October 6, 2008

Aunt Kirsten comes to visit!

Gabe's sister Kirsten lives just a little over an hour away, and she came to visit last Thursday. We were so glad she did, because we had so much fun with her and her 2 adorable little boys! When she got here, we made a quick dash up to IKEA as long as the kids would let us shop, then we had to race back to pick up Ashlee from preschool. Ashlee didn't want to leave preschool at first, but when she heard her cousin Teancum was here to play, she couldn't leave fast enough!

Then we had lunch and just enjoyed talking and hanging out at the house, and played a little in the backyard... we have a small playscape back there now. For the longest time, Ashlee was scared of the slide, but Gabe practiced with her this weekend, and now that is her favorite thing!

Here's Benny with his cousin Jacob. They are only 2 months apart.







Conference was very good. I love the uplifting talks more and more as I get older, and I love feeling the spirit so strongly that it brings in our home. When I was younger, my family would always get out craft projects to work on while we watched conference, so this year I decided to continue on that tradition. I bought myself a crosstitch and Ashlee pictures with holes around it she can thread a string through. It was really fun. It was mostly fun just being home as a family, and enjoying each other's company.

3 comments:

The Busby Family said...

Thanks Rebecca for remembering Abigail. It's so nice when people remember especially as time goes by. Her birthday is actually the 9th, but I'm so glad you wrote early. I think I might write something on my blog about her, I've never done that for some reason, but I just loved what you wrote about Elena, it was so nice.

Kirst said...

Thanks for letting us come. It is always so much fun to come hang out there for a day. It's sad we don't have much more time to do that.

Michelle Kynaston said...

we miss you guys! It's exciting to see your playscape - it looks so nice and new! fun fun. love cherilyn and the gang