Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Birthday Boy

Benny had a birthday last week, and now he is a big one year old!! To celebrate, we took the whole family bowling, and I am happy to say that I bowled my best ever...120, baby! Yeah, I have serious bowling skills. Don't listen to Gabe when he'll tell you the gutters they put up had anything to do with it. :) It was Ashlee's first time bowling, and each time she dropped the ball down it seemed like an eternity for the ball to get to the pins. But it was so fun to see how proud she was when she knocked over some pins. It was cute. She is getting so grown up, I can't believe it.

Now back to Benny. Benny really had a fun time bowling... he liked all the balls, and wished he could escape and go knock down all the pins himself, but we ruined his fun by picking him up every time he made a dash for it. Yeah, not a lot of birthday fun for him. Poor kid.

Then we went home, and let him dive into the (cup) cake. At first he was pretty grumpy, cuz it was almost bed time.


But then he thought, what is that? Are they actually going to give that to ME? Wow fire...ooooh aaaah.


I actually don't think Benny liked the chocolate cake that much. He didn't eat much of it. But what he thought was really fun was tearing it apart and spreading it all over the place (as you can see...)



We opened presents that night too. But I think Ashlee had more fun playing with the new toys than Benny did. He got a bunch of nice winter clothes too, which I was excited about. Happy birthday Benny! We love you!

4 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Happy Birthday, big boy!! I got a kick out of the grumpy face picture.

You'd totally rock me at bowling. I think I might have broken 100. Once. My all time low score is 13.

The Busby Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet Benjamin, he is so cute.

Michelle Kynaston said...

Happy birthday Benjamin - what a great idea to go bowling! We'll have to do that for hazel on her birthday. I loved the sequence of pictures with the cupcake. So cute.

Love,
Cherilyn

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

cute cake eating pictures! looks like a fun family day.