Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hunter Family Reunion

Sorry it has been so long since I have written. Well, to catch you up on what has been happening with us, I have to tell you about our trip we went on. On July 28th, I took the kids while Gabe had to stay and work (boo hoo) and we flew into SLC. That was a rough plane ride and we barely made it.


We had fun playing on the escalators, though, during our layover in Denver.

Well, after a lot of crying and complaining and succeeding in getting Goldfish crumbs all over our seats, we arrived in SLC where my dad and sister picked us up. We drove 5 more hours the next day to get to Alta, WY where my parents own two houses, and where they like to spend their summers. I was really excited to go see my family, since this will probably be the only time I get to see my parents and siblings all year. (It stinks living so far away!) My 3 other sisters were there already, and it was so fun to get to see them. We all live so far apart, and it has been too long since I have seen them. This is my sister Rachel with her little boy Cole.
Ashlee had a blast playing with her cousins.

Here is the view of the Tetons from the front porch-- gorgeous!

We got to celebrate my dad's birthday, too.
Me, my sisters, and mom & dad.


We also went over to Jackson Lake for the day, and check out this moose we saw right up close!

Benny enjoying his first cheetoh ever, a boy after my own heart. :)
Fun fishing, and my sister Christa actually got one!

Playing on the lake, Benny almost fell asleep in his floatie (just like Ashlee used to do!)
There is an annual half marathon that is run on the road nearby our house, and my sisters and I were all psyched to run it this year. We had all trained hard for it, and were looking forward to it. But my sister Linda noticed that there were no signs up anywhere publicizing the event, and after talking to some people, we found out they had cancelled it. We were so bummed!!! But that didn't stop us! In my family there are many avid runners, so we made our own 5 mile race to compete against each other! Not to brag or anything, but I got 3rd place (and beat my sisters) ha ha. Here is a picture of all of us that ran the race.

My wonderful parents.


Hayride-- without the hay.

The time went too fast, and all too soon it was time to say goodbye to my sisters. Then we drove back to Salt Lake, and I got to spend a couple days there before I headed back home. My mom and I did some fun shopping, and of course we had to stop at my all-time favorite restaurant in Utah, "Cafe Rio." Oh, I love that place. I met up with my friend Heidi Vawdrey, and we hung out at the Gateway mall while our kids played in the sprinkler park. Finally it was time to go home, and we were all sad to go, Ashlee especially. She wanted to stay with Grandma Hunter. But it was fun to come home and see Gabe...and I think he may have missed us a little bit. :) It's nice to feel needed, isn't it. We got back on August 7th, safe and sound.

9 comments:

Gabe said...

That stunk! Don't ever leave again!!

Nurse Heidi said...

Spoken like a true hubby. And I'm certain mine would say the same, although he's presently off camping without me (sniff, sniff).

It was nice to see you! Call me next time you're in town again (hopefully next time with your hubby).

Holly said...

That first picture is pitiful! I hate flying alone with Ashton, and you did it with two! I'm glad you made it and it looked like you all had a blast. Yeah!

Debbie said...

Hey, looks like you had a great time with the family! I am sad we weren't able to be there either. Maybe next year... Love ya!

Kirst said...

I'm glad you had a great time..though the flight there seemed horrible. I hope we have better luck.

Janet said...

I'm so glad you guys came, even though the flight was hard. It was so fun having you there! I miss little Benny. I need another squish.
Love you,
Janet

Michelle Kynaston said...

awe - i can't believe you were THAT close! I wished we could have seen each other. For days after, Hazel kept asking if Ashlee was still in Utah. (thus the need to call her) Your vacation looked so relaxing!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i don't know where to begin, that all looks so fun! i love your hair in braids, i love benny crying in the first picture, i love ashlee with the life vest and sunglasses, i love that you have sisters that love to run with you. i love that your husband reads and posts on your blog.

Chris and Emily said...

Looks like fun. Maybe next year. . .

Matthew always falls asleep out at the pool too. Floating must be very tiresome.