Today is Elena's birthday. She would be two years old today, walking and talking, busy making messes, playing, and following her big sister Ashlee everywhere she goes. But she is gone for now. It's really weird trying to celebrate a birthday for someone who is not here to enjoy it. So it's a sad day for me. I like people to remember her, but at the same time it is hard for me to talk about it. So don't feel like you have to call me, but just a kind comment here showing that you remember her would be nice.
For her one year birthday, I finished her scrapbook. For this birthday, I wanted to put her story online. To see Elena's story written by her mother, click here.
17 comments:
Happy Birthday, baby girl! I remember : ). Go say hi to Elizabeth for me.
Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers today.
Love to you and your family Becca. Thanks for sharing how you feel. It is a gift to everyone.
Happy Birthday Elena, I love those beautiful pictures of her. She is a special girl. We are always thinking about you guys, especially today. Would love to read your story when you get it on line. We love you guys!
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story. It made me think a lot about our little Abigail. I can't believe it will be 5 years this October. I always wonder what she would look like also and think about how much fun Lincoln would have playing with his almost 5 year old sister. But we will one day be able to hold and raise our baby girls. I am so grateful for the gospel.
I wanted to email, but I don't have your email address, what is it?
Hey Becca, thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Debbie and I were both in tears after reading your story. I know I did not get the chance to meet her, but everytime I see a picture of her or read something you've written, I just get such a strong emotional feeling. I really believe that she must be a very special girl. We love you guys! Happy Birthday Elena!!
Hi Bec, Thank you for sharing your story and giving me a glimpse of my sweet little niece. Happy Birthday sweet little Elena. You have a very special mother. Love you Bec.
I love baby elena, and I feel blessed that I was in her presence in her short time on earth.
Thank you for sharing what you wrote, that was very special.
Thank you for sharing what you wrote Becca, I've always wanted to talk with you about Elena and never know what to say. She was a beautiful baby and I can't wait to meet her when the time comes. I love you Becca and Gabe.
Happy Birthday Elena! I'm so lucky to share this day with you and feel connected to such a strong, beautiful person! I think of you often. And thank you Bec, for sharing such a personal journal. My heart goes out to you and Gabe. I love you!
I'm sitting here sobbing at my computer. Thank you for being the amazing woman that you are, and for giving precious little Elena a body. She is so lucky to have you as a mother, and I know she loves you. I wish so much that I could have been there.
I love you,
Janet
I was inspired by your memories of Elena's birth. You and Gabe are good examples for all of us.
Happy Birthday Elena - you know you have the most precious family!
Love, the Wildings
I love you guys, your family, and baby Elena! I'm sure Ashlee would have loved playing with her, but I'm sure she loves playing with her brother jsut as much!!
Thank you for posting your sweet story Bec! It brought back all kinds of memories. Elena was absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy I had a chance to see her. You are a wonderful mom. I hope I can be like you someday!!
Bec,
Thank you so much for writing your story. I lived every minute of that time with you as you were going through that four and a half months, and prayed for you daily. I am so grateful I made it to be by your side during Elana's birth. It was the most spiritual time of my life. I am so proud of you and Gabe and the Christlike way you handled everything. You are so strong and such an example to me. I love you.
Mom
Dear Rebecca,
Thank you for writing that sweet memory down. It was inspiring for all who have been able to read it. I remember being there at the funeral and thinking how strong both you and Gabe were and still are. We are proud of you and will keep you and your sweet family in our prayers and hearts.
Love,
Wendy & family
I wrote this from Janet's user name because I don't know how to get on this.
Post a Comment