Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ashlee's dolly


So I have been wanting to make one of these Black Apple dolls ever since I saw it on my friend's blog, and I have seen some of my friends make them, and I just had to make one too. So I got together with my friend Natalie (she's the creative one who introduced these to us) and we spent a few fun hours sewing together.

Ashlee absolutely LOVES this doll. When I brought it in the house, she got this huge grin on her face and her eyes lit up. I have never seen her so excited. About a week ago, I told her I was going to make her the doll, and we went to the fabric store together to pick out fabrics. I gave her a choice on the hair, and she chose pink. ( No surprise there....) She slept with it last night, and has been carrying it around with her everywhere she goes.

9 comments:

Chris and Emily said...

Really Cute Bec,
I am inspired. I'm going to attempt it too, but don't get your expectations up. I think I remember how to sew....

Natalie said...

So fun to hear Ashlee's reaction! You did such a great job...love the pink and black. Thanks for coming over...it got me motivated again.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I love the colors, and ashlee looks so happy! Isn't it so fun to see them adore something that YOU made??!!

Kirst said...

One of my favorite toys growing up is a doll my best friends mom made for me. I'm sure this one will mean even more to Ashlee since her mommy made it for her and she got to help pick out the fabrics. I love it!

Michelle Kynaston said...

what a cute doll! i love the colors. I had wanted to make matching ones for Hazel and Ashlee (I even bought the fabric) but just haven't had the time. I'm glad she gets one from her mommy =) You did a great job on it.

Jocelyn said...

Hey Becca,
Natalie told me about the doll you made so I came over to check it out. Super cute... I love the fabrics you chose. And I mostly love how happy Ashlee looks with her new doll... that you made!

Kristin said...

I love how your doll turned out. I'm actually making my 1st Black Apple for my niece right now. I haven't sewed it yet and I noticed your doll has pigtails, which is super cute. How did you make them? Let me know when you have a sec.

Christa Skousen said...

What a cute idea. I love it! Ashlee looks so happy

Toria said...

Okay! These dolls are absolutely adorable. I wish I was there to sew with you guys...maybe I will attempt one..I may be emailing for moral support!