Here we are in front of the Alamo. We got there at about 6:00ish and the sun was setting in the sky in front of us, so here I am squinting. I'm surprised Gabe could keep his eyes open so well. We actually got there after it closed, so we didn't get to go inside. I was rather disappointed. Oh well, maybe another time.
Here is a panoramic view of a portion of the Riverwalk. (We were experimenting with the functions on our camera, and here is the result. If you look closely you can see some discrepancies.)
I thought it was so fun (and romantic too!) to walk along the river, and pass by the restaurants and shops along the way. We stopped to eat at "Texas Land & Cattle." Up to that point, Benny had been sleeping in his stroller, but when we got to the restaurant, he decided to wake up and scream. He could not be consoled, and I felt sorry for the people around us. We noticed they tried to seat people as far away from us as possible. We tried to feed him, but he wasn't hungry. He was just mad. He was grumpy from not having a good nap. Giving him food just made him more upset. He would only stop crying if we held him in our laps just the way he liked, so he could look around at what was going on. So Gabe and I took turns holding him and eating. But even though Benny tried his best to spoil our outing, we still managed to have fun and enjoy some great food.
The next morning, bright and early, we headed over to the San Antonio Zoo. It is a really nice zoo, a lot bigger than the Austin zoo. We loved seeing all the animals, feeding the fish, and petting the goats. It was lots of fun. 
We were planning to go to the temple later that day, but we took too long getting there and ended up missing the session time. The guilty party: the windshield wipers on our car. The windshield wipers on our car only work if they feel like it. We have no idea when they will work, and most of the time they don't. So I get really scared when it starts raining, and we're in the car. It started raining a little on the way down to San Antonio, and our windshield wipers weren't working, but then we said a little prayer and the rain cleared up pretty quickly. But after we were done at the zoo, it started raining A LOT, and we had to drive really slowly and it was really scary not being able to see the road clearly. I kept telling Gabe we needed to pull over. So anyways, we ended up not making it in time, but that's okay because we intend to make another trip down there in the near future, possibly with some friends so we can switch off watching each other's kids. We had to get back on Friday for the 4th of July because I had a 5k run that morning and then a neighborhood barbecue later on that day. More to come on those events later. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. Good-night!
3 comments:
I'm glad you guys got to see the Riverwalk. I absolutely love that part of San Antonio. So pretty. Keep the pictures coming, I want to know how you did on the 5K.
I'm so glad you had a good time in San Antonio! I wish we could have gone too. We'll definitely have to go together some time soon! And how cute is is that your husband posted a comment on your blog in such sweet supportive fashion. Glad to see happiness and love is alive in the Black family. :)
way to venture out! we've never been to the san antonio zoo, i need to get there. the riverwalk is pretty fun
Post a Comment