Thursday, July 9, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Hunter

At the end of June my parents came for a short visit. Their plan was to drive across the country, from New York to Wyoming, and stop by some of their children's houses on the way. The only problem was that they were on a deadline, so they could only stay for dinner and breakfast the next morning and were off again. The time they had with us was short, but sweet.

We had taken them to Rudy's before, and that is all my Dad ever talks about when he comes here to Texas. So of course, we just had to go there (in spite of trying to persuade him that other bbqs in Texas may be worth trying too). I think Rudy's ranks just as high as I do when it comes to visiting Texas. (Just kidding, Dad.)

So here we are, with our bellies full after savoring every bite of extra moist brisket, and the delicious bbq sauce. Just thinking about it makes my stomach start rumbling. :)


And here is Ashlee with two of her four most favorite people in the world. (The other two are her other set of grandparents-- Grandma and Grandpa Black.) She talks about her grandparents almost daily, wishing she could live with them.




Ashlee's not the only one who misses you guys. I miss you too, Mom and Dad. Come back and see us again soon, alright?

2 comments:

Michelle Kynaston said...

I recognized the place from the red and white checkered tablecloths, and my mouth started salivating....I LOVE THAT PLACE, and so does my father in law, and every time he would come visit, we'd end up going there on his way home from the airport, once during the week, and on the way TO the airport. =) Glad you got some time with your parents!

Christa Skousen said...

Hi this is Mom. That was a great day! We really enjoyed it. Even Rudy's...I like any place...but nothing compares with seeing you, Gabe, Ashlee, and Benny. We really miss you. Can't wait to see you again in Idaho.

Love you,
Mom