We went to the library last week and Ashlee picked out a book entitled, "Apple Pie and Onions." I thought it sounded interesting, so we brought it home with us. It is about a little girl who spends a day with her grandma, and listens to stories about her grandmother's childhood. At the end of the book the grandma makes an apple pie and the little girl writes "I love Grandma" on it with a fork then they eat it together.
Well, Ashlee took this book to heart and has been begging me to make an apple pie. So today we went and got some apples and we made that pie. We looked through a pie book together, and I found a picture of a pie with a lattice crust, and asked her if she wanted a crust like that. I was surprised when she said "no." I thought for sure she would like the pretty crust. Then she said she wanted to write "I love Mom" on it instead. I thought that was the cutest thing ever! I was touched. So that's what we did. I helped her with the lettering, of course, but she wrote Mom mostly herself. This is what the pie looked like:



6 comments:
That is such a great story. Glad you shared. What a cutie your Ashlee is. I'm sure it just made your day and she obviously LOVED doing it with you.
How cute! She is the sweetest girl in the whole world!
Oh, how Sweet! I'm sure you'll treasure that pie memory and picture for a long LONG time.
what a great idea, so fun and great to make such wonderful memories
what a cute story!
What a cute story. But tell Ashlee Grandma wants to make an apple pie too.
Love Mom
Post a Comment