I am an animal lover. We have almost gotten a dog twice, except I happen to be a clean freak too and couldn't quite live with cleaning up the messes that a dog would make. I have had a hard time reconciling these two things about myself.
A little more than a week ago, our neighbor two doors down got a little puppy. So CUTE! We went to go meet the little black lab, and I just thought she was adorable, even though at the time her owner was telling me all her woes about feeling a little regret at their decision, maybe not being ready for the commitment, having to leave the dog alone all day, the trials of potty training, etc. etc. I heard all of it, but I went home and started looking online for a pet. I looked on petfinder.com, and on craigslist (I LOVE craigslist!) and emailed a few of them. This went on for days...I kept looking online every day. I think I was a little bored, and this provided some entertainment. A girl can always hope, right? :)
Well, Gabe noticed what I was doing, so for Mother's day, he surprised me by getting me a little lop-eared bunny (one I had emailed on craigslist). I was thrilled!! I have always loved rabbits, and had some growing up. Here she is! Her name is Flower. (I wanted to call her Jet, as in Jet Black, but Ashlee didn't like it.) She is very sweet and gentle.
Ashlee loves her. This is Ashlee every morning until we let her out of her cage. (We let her run around our main floor during the day unless she gets in trouble, then back in the cage she goes!)
In case you didn't know, rabbits can be potty-trained! She is already potty trained (within a week) and really is not very messy. Gabe's stipulation was that she would not be caged animal. So we let her out a lot.
We still want a dog eventually. But for now, I think this works for us. And a bunny can't scare any of Ashlee or Benny's friends that come over. We just have to keep a close eye on Benny. He tends to kick or hit her, or pull her ears (typical boy stuff).




3 comments:
oh so cute. I've been begging mike for a dog, but he doesn't think we're ready for one. And he's probably right. I hadn't thought of a bunny before, what a great idea. I'm amazed they can be potty trained! Very cool.
that bunny is a cute little fella
whoa that bunny is adorable. i love bunnies.
Post a Comment