Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly



We got a new car! That's the GOOD news. I love it. I never thought I'd enjoy driving a minivan, but I love it! It's a 2008 Kia Sedona. We went to go and pick it up Friday evening, 4 hours away north of Dallas.


Last sighting of the Jimmy... taken from the fuzzy blur of the cellphone.
Sad to see you go, old friend.

As we were driving home pretty late that night, Ashlee was having trouble sleeping so we said she could go lay down on the back seat. A little while later I went back to check on her and it turns out she had peed all over the seat in her sleep. That was the BAD news. I.Was.Mad.







When we got home at around 2:30 AM, and had put the kids to bed, I went back into the garage for something, when a police officer came out of the dark and scared me. I jumped and made a startled noise. He asked, "That your white car out front?" He was obviously referring to the Mazda Miata, so I said yes. He had a big flashlight and shined it into my eyes. He asked me accusingly, "You been drinkin'? I was surprised by the question, No. "You been crying?" No. Then I realized my eyes were all red from sleeping in the car. Then he asked me if I knew that the Miata had a busted window. I was shocked. Gabe came out right then, and the police officer asked him some more questions, and again if we had been drinking, and Gabe said, "No, we're Mormon." Then we went to go look at the car window. Sure enough, the glass on the driver side window had shattered. Gabe opened the door, and inside lay a large empty liquor bottle. That is the UGLY part of the story.

7 comments:

Chris and Emily said...

That post started out good, so sorry about the middle and end though.

G said...

Yay for the van! Sorry about everything else :(

Holly said...

So sad!!!! We just had our window busted out a month ago...Lame! But your van looks great! I'm glad you guys found one and wish we could have helped with the kids..

Kirst said...

I still can't believe the luck you two have. The van looks good though, I was surprized how much fun it was to drive ours when we got, just a sign of a growing family.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

oh my goodness, what a crazy night!!! i didn't realize you went to dallas to get the car. you should have left the kids to sleep at our house. crazy cop story!

Liz H. said...

ah! what a crazy story! i'm sorry, becca!

Michelle Kynaston said...

That's crazy! I'm so excited for you to have a new car though. We're in need of one too.

And the title of your post was perfectly accurate. Sorry for the bad and ugly parts of the story. Funny cop.