Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our latest project

I love holidays! Labor Day was great, Gabe was home and in the mood to start a new project. Something we have always talked about since moving into our home is that we wanted to put in a new wood floor. So on Labor Day, spur of the moment, Gabe says, "Let's do it!" So we spent all day Labor Day working on it, and all the prep work took so long (removing our old carpet, cleaning, and patching up holes) that we did not even lay down any wood that day. (I say "wood," but it's really laminate--the cheaper stuff--don't tell anybody :) ) This is what our house looked like:



We lived in that wreck for about a week, until the following weekend. Don't get me wrong, Gabe tried to do all he could, but he is a busy guy, and he's never got a minute to spare. I tried to help him as much as I could, too.

Well, we had a deadline to meet. We started a joy school program with Ashlee, rotating houses every week, and we were going to have it at our house today. Gabe has been up for the past few mornings working on it, and finally today, he got it finished! (Well, mostly, you know except for the finishing touches, baseboards, etc.

Here is the finished product!

8 comments:

Becky said...

The floors look great!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

and I've seen it in person and it really does look beautiful! amazing job!

Michelle Kynaston said...

wow, it looks beautiful! Too bad we weren't there to help you guys! We played games at Mike's sister's house and it made me miss you all! seeing the table reminds me of the days sitting there playing......boo hoo

stampinashley said...

WOW! I think the floors look great! It looks totally different in there!

Toria said...

Your house looks absolutely amazing! What a great job you guys did!

Nurse Heidi said...

Looks GREAT! I want to do wood in our kitchen and living room.

Kirst said...

Great job guys! I can't wait to come see it in person.

Michele said...

Looks absolutely beautiful, Becca! It would be fun to see the floor in person sometime.