We blessed Eliza in church on Sunday, January 7th, the first Sunday of the new year. Here she is in her blessing dress! It was made for her by Rosita (Gabe's grandma) and it fit her perfectly. She looked so pretty in it. I love the dress.
We had many extended family members in attendance. My parents were there, along with many of Gabe's relatives. Vonn and Myriam, Andrew and Morgan, Tio Benito, and Yvette.
In the blessing, Gabe mentioned that Eliza would have a strong testimony and stand as a daughter of God in all times and in all places, that she would know of her divine nature, rely on her faith in times of trial, and that she would have a close relationship with her mother. It was a very special blessing.
After church, we had all of our extended family over for lunch and a big cake for dessert. I didn't notice how much cake my kids were eating, until Ashlee pointed out that Sam had eaten 5 pieces of cake. Sam replied, "It's okay, because I am going to be baptized soon." Obviously in his eyes this made perfect sense. 😆
We tried to take family pictures afterwards, but couldn't fit everyone in the picture at once. (Of course someone had to take the photo...) So we took multiple shots.
By this point Eliza had had enough of all this partying, and was ready for a nap. I don't blame her. Sunday afternoon naps are the best. 😀







No comments:
Post a Comment