I was scheduled to have a hernia repair surgery on the 28th of December. I was pretty nervous about it, especially the night before and that morning. I felt weak and thirsty (because I was not supposed to eat or eat or drink anything after 11 pm the night before), and it was so hard not to drink anything that night (especially since I am breastfeeding).
The kids spent the night and all the next day at Grandma Black's, so I didn't have to worry about them. So early that morning, just Gabe, Eliza, and I made the early morning trip to the hospital.
I felt a little out of it, partly from fear, lack of water, and so early in the morning. The nurse tried to poke an IV into a vein, but had trouble getting a good vein. This in turn freaked me out a little, and I felt like I was going to faint. Hospitals and Doctor Offices have that effect on me.
Well, the IV thing was actually the worst part, because after that they took me to the operating room and knocked me out, and the next thing I remember, I woke up in recovery with Gabe and Eliza at my side, and a big bandage over my belly button.
You want to see something really gross? My bruised and swollen stomach after childbirth and hernia surgery. Yep, not too pretty. (But I am kind of proud of this picture anyway... I call it "The Sacrifices of Childbirth.")
My parents came to help out the day after the surgery. It was great having them around. They never stay too long at our house, so having them stay a week and a half was a real treasure for me.
My mom is like a baby whisperer. She is a natural with kids. I loved having her around. We sewed a little while she was here too. We finished a quilt for Eliza, as well as a couple more Christmas stockings (for Thomas and Eliza). She also made me another blanket too.
I loved having them here!



No comments:
Post a Comment