I have been thinking I really need to journal more... so here goes again. Yesterday was a pretty bad day. I went in to a pre-trial about my speeding ticket, because I had pleaded not guilty the first time. This ended up being pointless, because they just gave me the same options again, no lee way at all, even after hearing my side of the story. I guess I was speeding in a school zone, but the $540 fine and 4 points seems a bit outrageous to me. Well I paid it, and I was feeling pretty bad about the whole thing.
Then I kept trying lay the baby down to sleep, and he just kept waking up and crying. I knew I had to get the house cleaned for Young Women that night, but baby Thomas was not letting me get anything done.
Then it seemed like all the neighborhood kids kept coming over, and other kids asked if they could play. The house definitely was not getting cleaner, and all I could do was hold baby Thomas so he wouldn't cry.
By around 4:30 I was getting frustrated. I hadn't been able to do anything, and it was getting closer and closer to 7:00 when all the Young Women would come over. I was ready to burst into tears by the time Gabe got home.
But now I want to look at the little miracles that happened throughout the day. The kids were very quiet and respectful while I was trying to put the baby down to sleep. I remember shushing the boys and telling them to go out of the room at one point, then later I went downstairs and the argument had been forgotten and they were happily playing baseball outside all together. That was a small miracle.
Gabe's mom coming over to help while I had to go to court that morning. Her willingness to come over and take the boys to their basketball camp so that I would not be late for my pre-trial. That was a small miracle.
The baseball practice getting cancelled that evening so that Gabe could stay home and help me get the house cleaned. That was a small miracle. With Gabe's help, after my breakdown into tears, we were able to get the house looking pretty great for the Young Women to come over. That was a small miracle.
Even with the amount of kids that came over yesterday, (Gabriele, Spencer, Noah, Brandon, Corbin), they really did not mess up the house at all, and Ben and Sam even helped clean up a little. That was a small miracle.
Even with the baby's lack of sleep, he really was not grumpy, and let me clean all that I needed to before he wanted to be fed. And I was able to feed him right before mutual started, and he waited 2.5 hours before he wanted to be fed again (the whole time mutual lasted). He usually never lasts that long between feedings. That was a small miracle.
Being able to make over 300 cookies (snickerdoodles) in my kitchen with the Young Women with a recipe that I had never tried before, and having them turn out really well, and not really having that big of a mess to clean up. That was a small miracle.
The kids being good and reading scriptures by themselves because I was putting the baby to bed at night and could not read with them. That was a small miracle.
So, now that I look at my day yesterday, and notice all the things that went right, it really was not a bad day after all. I am so grateful to have a husband who is always willing to help me out, kids that understand when I need them to be good, and most of all, a Father in Heaven who is looking out for me and knows what I need and when I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment