Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trip to NY

When people picture New York, they tend to think about the City part.... the sky scrapers, the Bronx, Times Square. I spent 4 years living in New York, and it really is a different place than you think. If you just drive out from the city about an hour away, you can see some of the most beautiful countryside ever, especially in the fall with the changing seasons. My pictures don't do it justice. I tried to take some scenic shots, and failed miserably... I really wish I knew how to take really great pictures and have a nicer camera....(sigh)

I went to visit my parents for a few days in October, because I wanted to go on a final airplane ride before Benny turned 2. Just the kids and I went, and left poor Gabe home this time.

We got to go to an apple farm.




And the kids got some quality Grandma time, which they loved.




And we started some sewing projects too. It is so fun sewing with my mom.


My mom made a bow for Ashlee's hair, and Benny felt left out, so we put one in his hair too.



We also got to see my brother Brian and his family, and stay overnight at their house.
Here's Ashlee and Benny with their cousins Lizzy and Jamie.
They were having so much fun playing, it was hard for them all to settle down and get some sleep.




It was so much fun, I'm so glad I got to go!!

2 comments:

Michelle Kynaston said...

That's a smart idea to take one last trip before a kid turns 2. Glad you got to go and had such a good time with your mom.

John & Renee said...

Bec, I loved you coming to see us. I hope it can happen again soon even if Benny is 2. Love ya, Mom