Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Super Saturday Crafts

Do you know what my favorite day of the year is? Nope, not Christmas. Not any holiday actually. No...my favorite day is.... Super Saturday!! I seriously love it. For those of you who may not know what this is, it happens once a year on a Saturday where the women in my church get together and do crafts for hours. It is so fun. When I got the sign up sheet this year, I got so excited and couldn't decide what to make. Well, I ended up signing up for 4 things even though I KNEW I'd never be able to finish all of them. I got 2 of the projects done, and took home the other 2 as take home projects. Here is what I made:

Pumpkin Trio centerpiece

Message board


I like to think I am a creative person at heart (deep down), but I need a jumpstart like an activity like this to get me started. I've got a long list of "To Do's", and usually the creative things I'd LIKE to do fall way down on the list, so I never get them done. So when I can reserve a whole Saturday just to do crafts I just eat it up. I love it.

I'll have to post the other things when I get them done, whenever that may be. :) To be continued...

UPDATE:
Just got the third craft done (11/3): Advent Calendar
Just in time for Christmas!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You ARE crafty. I love the pumpkin center piece. Very cute. I miss Super Saturday in Round Rock. Can't wait to see the other things you did. Loves!