Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Trip to CO and WY-- PART 1

We had been looking forward to this trip for a LONG time, mostly because we are lonely for family here in Texas and have pretty much just one chance a year to make the trip. Ashlee asked me when we were going so often that I finally got tired of answering that question and had her make a paper chain, counting down the days til we could go.

Well, the day finally came, and we packed up our things and flew into Denver. Our schedule was packed. We had a lot to do, and little time to do it in. The next morning, bright and early, we headed to the lake for some wakeboarding. Gabe's family is all AWESOME at wakeboarding....something I need to work on. :) Gabe's sister Holly took more pics, which can be seen here.

Here's a good lookin guy. :)


Even Ashlee and Benny got some lake time in.




While Ashlee and Benny were on the tube with Gabe and his brother, Joey, they decreased their speed by going around a turn and actually ended up falling in the water!! Thank goodness for life jackets! I was on the boat and nearly had a heart attack when I saw my kids fall in the water! They were upset, but quickly got over it and even rode on it again with me and Grandma Black. Here we are, with me being an overprotective mother holding on tight to Benny...



And here we are again, and you can see our little camp on shore in the background.



All that tubing wore Benny out, and put him to sleep! We carried him to the beach and he had a nice relaxing nap there.



One of the biggest reasons for coming to Colorado was to see Gabe's little brother, who just finished serving a 2 year mission in Puerto Rico. We got to go to the temple together, and it was such a special experience, to participate in baptisms and sealings as a family.




Here we are in front of the Denver temple, with Gabe's entire family (except Michael, who was gone to EFY):



I am so happy I could be sealed in the temple to this man, forever and ever. Because I couldn't imagine my life without him! I love you Gabe.




Playing at the park with all the Black cousins...











We had such a fun time there, then the Blacks were nice enough to lend us their car for our next leg of our journey, in which we headed to Wyoming to see my family. I will post about that part soon.

2 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

looks like so much fun! Great to see all (mostly) be at the temple together.

Michelle Kynaston said...

looks like a great trip - I laughed at the "black cousins" part - Levi has some "black cousins" too. =)

See you in a few days!!