Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The word is out...

I am offering piano lessons, but I have to clarify a few things first, and maybe my few and loyal readers can help to spread the word.

First of all, I have been kind of reluctant to say that I play the piano in church, because I know what that will mean... a piano playing calling or playing at a spur of the moment's notice. Those are two things that I do not feel I am quite ready for. I am RUSTY, since it has been awhile, and it has been quite a few years since I took lessons. But I DO know that when I did take lessons, I had an AWESOME teacher, who inspired in me a love for the piano, and I would like to follow her example and teach the way she taught me. That is what I have to offer-- no formal training or anything, so the lessons I am offering are for beginner through intermediate levels. And that is also why my rate is pretty cheap--$10 for half an hour. No, I am not an experienced teacher, but I do want to give it a try, and see what happens. I already have one student, and I am surprised how much I have loved teaching her so far.

At the same time, I am hoping to develop my piano skills a little more, so that I CAN volunteer to play at church at a moment's notice, if needed. I think offering to give piano lessons has given me the push I needed, since I have been playing a lot more lately than before I started giving lessons.

Anyway, I don't want to overwhelm myself, and I am hoping that this will work, but I'd like probably around 5 students to start.

5 comments:

Chris and Emily said...

Now you have me hoping that the Air Force sends us to Texas. It would be an hours drive probably, but I'd send Nathan and Lauren to you to teach in a heartbeat. Sounds fun. I think you'll do a great job.

Natalie said...

I WISH I still lived down the street from you. That is an awesome price and I would have loved to take lessons from you. I'd be a little shy but I've always wished I stuck with piano from when I was a kid. There will be 5 lucky Round Rock area residents. Glad you're doing it.

Kirst said...

Good Luck! I think you will make a great teacher

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

sounds fun! I'll help spread the word.

Michelle Kynaston said...

Very cool. That's exciting. I'm glad you're teaching - it's very rewarding. I come home from teaching lessons (I drive out to Middleton on Mondays) and I'm surprised how happy I feel having taught those kids. You will love it!!