Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just one of those days....

Okay, yesterday I decided to get out of the house and do a little shopping. We have been trying to cut back on our spending, so I didn't feel like spending A LOT of money, but it doesn't hurt to look, right? :) So I went to Kohl's to look for a new diaper bag, because I am really sick of the one I have. It cries out "Mom's" purse a little too much for me. I'd like something a little more trendy. So anyways I was at the store, didn't see anything I liked, so we left and went out to the parking lot. What I didn't realize was that while I was looking around at purses, Ashlee had been doing her own shopping, and had left a book at the bottom of our stroller. I saw it as I was putting the kids in the car, groaned inwardly to myself, and made the walk back to the store in the sun-blasting heat. I gave the book back to the cashier, made a quick explanation of what had happened, then hurried back to the car. I tried putting the kids in the car a second time. When I lifted Benny's carseat from the stroller, it was then that I noticed three small purses stowed underneath. Ashlee likes that little area, it is perfect for hiding stuff from Mom's eyes. This time I was really mad, and Ashlee knew she was in trouble. I pulled the car around to the front of the store, ran inside and the cashier must have thought I was crazy. I hurried and put down the purses and left. It was a frustrating shopping day. But the thing is, this is not an isolated occcurrence. It's happened before. If we're not careful, Ashlee is going to turn into quite the shoplifter.
'

5 comments:

Gabe said...

Ashlee can read short words pretty well now as long as they have the normal vowel sounds. Ashlee, if you can read this:
compound miter saw
table saw
welder
(gas preferred)
...
(we'll chat off-line)

Michelle Kynaston said...

Hahahahahahahaha.....ah Hah! Hillarious (as long as we don't find one of you in jail)

Kirst said...

LOL...Of course Ashlee went for the purses. I bet the book was there just to throw you off.

Jessica said...

Hey Becca! Your blog is super cute! I am sorry your shopping outing wasn't so fun. It is funny though, so thanks for sharing! Shoot, now I wonder, do I have a diaper bag that screams mommy purse? J/K. I'm sure many things about me do, but oh well. I don't think yours does though, it's cute!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

thats a funny story....I'd be frustrated after the 2nd time, too:)