Sam turned 13! Where does the time go?
We started out the day with German pancakes, and then he wanted to open his presents before he left for school. We surprised him with Oculus (a VR video game), and a new xbox game called "Gangbeast." (Ashlee's recommendation) He was not expecting those at all, but was pleasantly surprised and the kids all love playing the new games.
Next I took Sam out to lunch at Jersey Mikes. It was crowded, but he was excited to miss some school for it :).
Then we got to go watch Sam play in his last volleyball games at PINS. His dad was his coach, and they played great! Sam looked like the best player on the team! He played really well. Ben helped coach as well.
Then we went home for In n Out burgers and the best part-- raspberry cream cake!
Grandma and Grandpa came over to help us celebrate.
I think Sam had a pretty good day :). Sam, I can't believe you are a teenager now! I love how you make me smile, and how caring and considerate you are with others. You have a big heart. You have your priorities straight-- you love video games, but you know you have to set limits with that and your phone. You know you could cheat and play more, but you choose to be honest and have integrity instead. I love how you like to talk to me, and tell me things. You love saying "noob" and "Guess what, chicken butt!" to me ALL the time, but I don't mind it TOO much. :) You try hard in school and in sports and piano, and are way more mature than all the other deacons. Friends are tough at your age, but things will get better as you get older. I love you so much, and I am so glad you are part of our family!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment