Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas break-- Part 1

 The week before Christmas we went on a roadtrip to my parent's cabin in Wyoming.  We were very excited to see all the snow, and were dreaming of sledding, snowmen, and igloos.  Well it didn't exactly work out the way we thought, because that week the temps dropped drastically and most days were at or below zero.  I think one night it got to 24 below zero!

We did attempt to make some igloos, before we got too cold and had to go in to warm up.


Instead we decided to have fun inside!

First thing, make gingerbread houses!








We finished this puzzle and almost finished another.


We also played an escape room game, watched Wednesday and A Series of Unfortunate Events (unfortunately...), and Ashlee, Grandma and I painted!  

We ate lots of good food, including Grandma's delicious chocolate chip cookies!


Eventually one day was nice enough we played outside, and we found a sledding hill that dropped almost straight down close by the road.  It was still cold though, and I couldn't stay out very long because my toes kept freezing (I need better boots.)  The kids were able to stay out a lot longer than me.



Other adventures we had:  Grandma and Grandpa took Ashlee to buy more white paint, and had to buy chains to come back up the hill.  It took forever to put on the chains and all of them came back in a bad mood.  

Also a pipe burst in the other house from freezing, but luckily Sam caught it soon after it had started leaking.  Gabe was able to help my dad take care of it. 



We had a wonderful time at my parent's house before Christmas.  As I get older, I appreciate that place more and more.  It holds a special place in my heart, and I feel closer to my ancestors and family there.  It heals my soul.  I love being with my parents too, and I wish I could see them more often.  I get worried that we are all getting older, and I just want to soak in my time with them as much as possible.  I love them, and I love Gabe and my kids so much.  I have been truly blessed.









No comments: