Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day 2022

I just loved Mother's day this year.  It was a great day.  It started out with gifts/ notes from the family and Gabe making me an enormous breakfast of waffles, eggs, toast, and bacon.  At church the women all got to meet together second hour and have a brunch together-- that was really fun and <bonus> didn't have to prepare for a young women lesson! :)  Ashlee stayed home from church because she was sick, but surprised me with a clean house when we got back.

After church the kids showed me the flowers they had bought to plant in the yard.  So we all went and planted them in the front yard (even Ashlee who wasn't feeling good).  It was a nice sunny day but windy.  I loved planting all together.  It was the highlight of the day. 

Next I think I took a nap, we played a big game of Settlers, then had a dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs.

It was a wonderful day, and I felt so loved by Gabe and the kids. They made me feel so special.  I just love this family of mine.  



 

No comments: