Thursday, August 27, 2020

Celebrating Elena

 Today was Elena's birthday.  I have been feeling a little sad lately, and I think this was a big part of it.  I usually struggle a bit in the weeks leading up to her birthday, and this year was no different.  

We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse, and the food did not disappoint.  Sam had been asking to go there for a while when he found out we went without him to celebrate the end of our diets :).  

During dinner, Gabe decided to talk to the kids about Elena and what happened to her.  He talked about how she died, and at first I really did not want to talk about it.  I still have many feelings of hurt and guilt inside of me for what happened, and I don't feel comfortable talking about it.  But then we continued to talk about where she is now, and how she is waiting in spirit paradise (as an adult spirit), then when she is resurrected she will be resurrected as a little baby and we will get to raise her in the celestial kingdom (as we understand it).  Gabe gave me a better perspective to think about, and how she must be one of the top third of humans that didn't need to come to earth, because they were given a "pass."  They didn't need to endure the challenges of life on Earth.  And it will be the best thing ever if I get to raise her in heaven.  I really hope I can.  

No comments: