And then Coronavirus happened.
In the middle of March, everything shut down. Schools, church, restaurants, gyms, all unnecessary businesses. The kids had to finish up the school year online.
Then summer happened, and we tried to plan vacations, but many things fell through because of Coronavirus. Colorado began requiring masks at all public places. Sports got cancelled or postponed. Grandma and Grandpa no longer wanted visitors.
We planned a few trips, but felt bad visiting people in case we were spreading germs. We ended up going anyway because we were bored sitting home all summer, but felt kind of bad at the same time, like maybe we shouldn't go.
It has been a weird year. So far we have all stayed healthy though, so that is good news. And there have been a few good things to come from all this:
-Mornings are unrushed. I can sleep in in the mornings if I want, and I have time to read my scriptures.
-We've had lots and lots of family time (for good and for bad)
-It's great to have Ashlee home so much, since I feel like I hardly have seen her during the school year.
-We have been able to slow down a little, and not be rushing here and there.
-I like having church at home/ Gabe made some sacrament trays for us and other family members.
-We have done lots of hiking around Colorado Springs
-Sunday dinners with Grandma and Grandpa Black


No comments:
Post a Comment