I can't believe I haven't updated this thing in so long. It's been a busy year. Probably the biggest thing is that we MOVED end of July to a brand new house on Walnut Creek Court. This house is special cuz it is all ours. Gabe and I made all the decisions that went into it, just the way we wanted. :) I love it. Some days it feels too much for me, but I do love it. And it is becoming more like home every day.
So that took up most of my thoughts all years, not to mention the kids changing schools, new ward, making new friends, all the while managing 5 kids and all their activities. Whew, it is a lot to handle, but I love it.
Right now Ashlee (9th grade) just finished a successful basketball season. I am so proud of her being brave and getting on the C team. She is braver than I ever was. And she has improved a lot. She even played on the JV team sometimes. I have a video of her making a basket that I should put on here. As if that is not keeping her busy enough, she is on the Hot Shotz volleyball team as well as a practice player, so she is keeping up her volleyball skills too. She just got her hair balayaged (if that's a word?) and she is a beautiful young woman, and getting so grown up. She is working on getting her drivers permit (what?). I don't know where the time has gone. In a few years she will leave the house and that makes me so sad I don't want to think about it.
Ben (6th grade) has been on a club volleyball team (COBOVO) for the past few months as well. He did really well as one of their youngest players. He also played with the boys from the ward in a stake basketball tournament. He did cross country in the fall, and is super smart with all straight A's in his classes.
Ben and Ashlee are both in piano and are getting ready for Festival this weekend.
Sam (4th grade) is such a good hearted little boy. I love how he loves to talk to me and give me hugs. He has been keeping busy with volleyball and basketball too through the YMCA. Daddy coached his volleyball team in the fall. Then for basketball he played with his friend Elijah on one team, now he is playing with a new friend Cory on another team.
Thomas is very bright and energetic. He played soccer in the fall, and scored a lot of goals. Now he is doing a basketball clinic, and loves it. He has also been doing swimming lessons during the week, and mommy preschool a couple days a week with friends from church.
Eliza just melts my heart. We all adore her, and her funny little personality. She likes to wipe things, like her nose, her face, wipe up messes, etc. She is always pulling out the wet wipes. She is a very clean girl (yet she likes to play in the toilet too...) She loves her doll, doggy, kitty, bear, and blankie, and LOVES reading books. We read lots of books together before bed. She is a cutie, and I just love to squish her.
Well the kids are growing fast, and I can't keep up with everything but I am trying the best I can. I love my family more than anything.
Gabe and I have started a 6 month diet bet, and we are supposed to lose 10% of our bodyweight in 6 months. I have started going to the YMCA 3-4 times a week, and I just love the classes there. I am really enjoying it! Unfortunately I love to eat too, so hopefully I can lose the weight I need to. Well, that's a quick sum up of what is going on in our lives right now. I will try to write more often, so I don't have to do these big long monster posts...








No comments:
Post a Comment