Today was a good day. Sundays usually are. The day we can slow down and enjoy some time together as a family. I am so grateful Heavenly Father made Sundays for our family. They truly are a delight. Last weekend was General Conference, and the prophet announced that we would start having 2 hour church beginning in January. This is a major change, and one that I am grateful for. I have been struggling to make it all 3 hours with baby Eliza, and I have been struggling to find the time for personal study of the scriptures. This decision was inspired. I am very excited to start my individual study with Come Follow Me.
Along with that, in Women's Conference, the prophet also challenged the women to go on a 10 day fast from social media. It has been refreshing this week to go without it, and I feel like I've been given the gift of more time in my day and I feel more present to what is going on around me. This challenge was also inspired of the Lord as well.
The other challenge that I am still struggling with is to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. Don't know if I can do this, but I will try.
The prophet has also changed Visiting Teaching to simply "Ministering" (six months ago in last conference). I have struggled with this one too, but I made a small victory today when I sat down and talked to Cassie Christensen during Sunday school, and mentioned that I was her ministering sister. Now I feel like we are a little closer because of it. I am happy I did it. :)
Well, it was a usual day. We had our ministering brothers come over and we talked about conference. Then we all had quiet time, and I made some grilled chicken and salad for dinner. It was a normal day, but maybe I was different because I just felt calmer and more patient with my kids. Gabe and I talked about getting the roof done, he worked on the taxes because we are being audited, and we worked really hard together all day yesterday painting the fence and the playscape.
During dinner we all talked about Rocky Mountain oysters and other gross things to eat, then about wolves and bears, hunting, and about chickens getting their heads cut off. We just sat and talked long after we had finished eating. It was really fun. I love my family, especially when we are all together and just talking like that. So fun.
This weekend was great.
No comments:
Post a Comment