Have you heard of this book?
I just finished reading it yesterday, and I absolutely loved it, except I had a hard time finishing the book because I was overloaded with her ideas and wanted to start putting a few things of what she did into my life. (And I am such a slow reader!) But knowing me, I made myself finish the book before I did anything else. I love the ideas she wrote about, and lots of the ideas are things I think about often when I don't have a busy week going on. Am I as happy as I could be? What could I do differently so that I could be more happy? I have never had the discipline to write any of these thoughts down though, so I appreciate all the research she did and all her thoughts and examples. Really an enlightening book. It definitely inspired to make some changes in my life.
A few of her resolutions are things that I am already doing,and a few are things I could definitely do better at. I wrote down a few things that I want to focus on doing better:
-Go to sleep earlier
-Toss, restore, organize
-Keep blog up to date (this book is one of the reasons why I started writing in this blog again!)
-Be treasure house of happy memories (This one made me feel guilty that I am not doing enough, I am trying to focus on making holidays and birthdays more memorable)
-Take time for projects (I have lots I could do here!)
-Find more fun, be silly, laugh more
-Show up
And I wanted to add one of my own that I really struggle with:
-Don't rush--plan more time to get ready
Now I just need a system to hold myself accountable.... I hope I can try to remember these things as time goes by. But I know this blog has already made me happier. When I look back at the posts I have written, it makes me focus on the happy moments we have had as a family and definitely makes me happy inside.

No comments:
Post a Comment