Thursday, November 10, 2011

4th of July...

...under theTetons.

We joined my side of the family to celebrate the 4th this year. My mom and dad were there, Brian and Debbie, Janet and Kelly, and Christa and Joe and their families.


Gabe always makes it fun, with his pyromaniacal tendencies.
(As usual, we spent wayyyyy more on fireworks than I would have liked.)
But it was really great seeing Gabe get into it with the kids,
and sharing his love of fire with them.

And this boy is following right in the footsteps of his Daddy. :)

Ashlee loved the sparklers too. Actually all the kids did.

Christa and Joe, with their boys Harrison and Will.
(It was so fun seeing little baby Will for the first time!)

Kelly and Janet

Just hangin' out on the porch...

And playin' in the kiddie pool...

And as usual, everyone wanted their turn on the four-wheeler.



Even me. :)

Then my mom offered to babysit the kids so we could go out on a date.
Woohoo! Thanks Mom!

It was actually a double date.
We went with Brian and Debbie, and it turned out to be a lot of fun!
We watched a western themed show, while we ate a rib-stickin' meat and potatoes meal based on the kind of meal cattle ranchers would eat.


Oh, Gabe. (rolling eyes)

"I give you smart phone, you let me play with fire."

Anyway, next part of the trip we traveled to Utah, where we got to do more fun stuff.

We visited Salt Lake City, where it all began.


Visited In-n-Out for some tasty burgers.
(Seriously, I love that place.)

Had some fun running through sprinklers and sunshine.


And overall, just had a great time being with my family. I love you guys!

2 comments:

Christa Skousen said...

I'm glad you are updating your blog!! I like your Halloween pic on the side. Are you all vampires?

Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

John & Renee said...

Hi Bec and Gabe,
Loved your pictures. It made me a little homesick. We have to do it again as soon as we get back. I sure love you.
Mom