Saturday, February 19, 2011

October is Birthday Month Around Here

Gabe and Benny's birthdays are both in October, so it's a busy month for us. For Gabe's birthday, I planned a "Movie by Firelight" party for him, where the plan was to build a fire outdoors and watch a movie with a projector. The moveable fire pit was his big present from me. Unfortunately, the weather turned a bit colder, and we had to watch the movie in our basement instead. We have yet to watch a movie outside by our firepit, but can't wait until warmer weather arrives so we can!

Now for Benny's birthday.
Waking up to presents first thing...


Benny's all-time love is cars and trucks, or really anything with wheels. And when we asked him what he wanted for his birthday, all he would say is, "I want fire on my cake." So here is the cake I made for him to celebrate his day.




We had a celebration with all the neighborhood kids on our street.




Then Benny had playgroup at our house the next day with all his friends from church. So we turned that into a birthday celebration as well.

(L to R) Lydia Weitzel, Laura Richards, Simon and Eliza Lauritzen, Brandon Beard
Missing: Sarah Christensen









I love my boys.

2 comments:

Kirst said...

looks like such a fun birthday month. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Michelle Kynaston said...

what a great birthday cake! Good job Becca! Happy Birthday Benny, I can't believe you are 3!

(Becca, would you email me your address - I wanted to send you a birth announcement.)

Loves to everyone!
Cherilyn and the family