I got ambitious, and decided to make some "hobby horses" for the kids to play with and have pony races around our yard. They are made out of socks for the heads and old table legs (we had some in our attic.) I had made plans to make a pony for each kid to have and take home, but I didn't realize how much time that would take and how much it would cost, so I ended up making 4 and called it quits. 2 boy horses, 2 girl horses. Ashlee's favorite is the pink one (if you can't already guess).
Ashlee also requested a pink cake, so I bought a strawberry cake mix and made and decorated it with ponies on top. I am actually very proud of this cake. It is a big deal for me. It was the first time I have ever tried to decorate a cake for her birthday, and it turned out cute. I was so happy about it!
Here are some people arriving...
We played Pin-the-Tail-on-the Pony first.

Then horse races in our backyard. The kids had to go around the tree and back.



Got prizes for finishing.

Ate cake and ice cream.
Had a pinata (which I forgot to take pictures of), and last of all opened presents.
Ashlee had a blast. I love making my girl happy.






3 comments:
What a cute idea and what a cute birthday girl. Happy birthday Ashley.
What a cute idea, and the cake looks really good, you wouldn't know it was the first you decorated. I'll have to get instructions to make the hobby horse.
How CUTE!!! Ashlee looks so happy in the video too. Way to go Bec!
Post a Comment