The day started out with an early phone call from a friend, Maggie, who invited me to run the Turkey Trot (5 miles) that morning in downtown Austin. Since I was groggy and nothing sounded better than my bed, I said no. But I soon rethought that decision and really wanted to run!! So I called her back, and we drove down together with another friend, Becky, who is also Maggie's sister-in-law. It turned out to be really fun, and I am so glad that I got to spend time with these girls!
Then we hurried home, and I had to get to work chopping vegetables and cooking in the kitchen. I made Gabe help in the kitchen too, as I was running a little late for our dinner at 2:00. He was so sweet, and did not complain at all while I was ordering him around. My friend, Kristen, had invited us over to their house for Thanksgiving along with a few other families, and we were each in charge of making a few dishes. Everything turned out perfectly, and I am so proud of Kristen for making such a yummy turkey! Here we all are, at Kristen's house:

And here's the best part....the FOOD!!
After dinner we talked, played a game, then had another meal of pie. What a feast.... I love Thanksgiving. Thanks Kristen for letting me steal these pictures off your blog. I seem to have lost my head lately, forgetting my camera, and have not taken any pictures at all. Well, it turned out to be a really fun day after all, and I've found that no matter where you live, even if you don't have family close by, your friends can become your family. Happy Thanksgiving!!
3 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a fun thanksgiving!! We really missed seeing you thou. Congrats on the race Bec!! It sounds like you are in great shape.
Hi Becca and Gabe,
We really missed you at thanksgiving. Next year hopefully you can come!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks for being such good kids. Congrats on the race Bec!!!!!!!!
yay, it was fun, i'm glad you are my friend:)
Post a Comment