Saturday, February 18, 2017

Ashlee's Moana Beach Luau Birthday

I have been close to tears many times thinking about how Ashlee will be turning 12 soon.  It was a milestone I was not ready for.  How can she be that old, and going into Young Women's?  She is officially not a child any more, but is blossoming into a beautiful young woman.  That makes me happy, but also sad at the same time.

For her birthday party, she had a hard time narrowing down her options, but finally decided on having a Mystery Dinner and going to watch a movie at the dollar theater.  The movie we decided to see was Moana, so we made it into a "beach" dinner theme. Here are all the girls enjoying the special feast.


And here's the menu we came up with.

We tried to include all of Ashlee's favorite foods:  
Anemones= spaghetti
Sand Castle= creamy mashed potatoes
Pirate's Hook= fork
Titanic's Demise= smoothie
Jelly Fish= fruit salad
Sand dollar= york
Sea Shells= doritos
Fishing Net = spoon
Sea Weed = green salad
Palm Trees = Bagel bites


I think Ashlee and all her friends had a good time.


I bought some little umbrellas to put in the smoothie drinks.  I think that added a nice touch.
Here's the lime poke cake I made (Ashlee's request).  It was yummy.   There is one of those fireworks candles in the middle of the cake-- that has become a necessary part of every birthday.  :)


I can't believe this girl is 12!


I love her more than words can say.


She is playful and fun.  Loves to joke around.


But above all, she has a super sweet spirit, and a kind, loving heart.


We love you Ashlee!  We are so glad you are part of our family!!!


No comments: