Ashlee's birthday was on February 16th. (See how behind I am?!?) This year she wanted a "Fairy" party. At first I said no, thinking I wanted to do something a bit simpler, but she was insistent. So we invited her girl friends from school and church, inviting them to come dressed as fairies.
Here is my fairy cake I made for the party. I thought this was a cute idea, putting a real doll in the cake. Then she gets to keep it to play with later, and will be a fun memento from her party.
After all the girls had arrived, they went on a special treasure hunt, where they searched for hidden "jewels" around the house. Then they made their jewels into bracelets to take home.
Gabe made a pinata shaped as the Captain Hook's hook. :) Gabe's idea. I love how clever he is. The girls had a great time trying to tear it down.
Ashlee is getting so grown-up I can't believe it. This year in kindergarten she has become an excellent reader, and is reading big chapter books now. She has also become an awesome swimmer, and really is enjoying it. I am so glad we have found a sport that she loves doing. And she is still just as sweet a girl as ever. And obedient. And is ALWAYS asking questions, wanting to know more about everything. I am so blessed to be her mother. I couldn't ask for a better child. I love you Ashlee.
No comments:
Post a Comment