Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!

December 20th marked our 7 year anniversary, and Gabe kept me in suspense as to what we were going to do that evening. Unfortunately I happened across a facebook entry that Gabe wrote, asking for some wood. So I figured it would have something to do with a fire... I was right.



Gabe took me up a dirt road somewhere along Cheyenne Mountain, and we found a beautiful overlook spot where we could see all the lights of Colorado Springs below us. It was nice that the weather was warm enough we could do this, in the middle of December. We cooked dinner up there, some soup and hot rolls. I think any food tastes better over a fire. It was delicious!

Not a very flattering picture of me... but for memory's sake, it will have to do.


I love this man, and all of his quirks. I love that he is so fascinated by fire, and I think him capable of doing almost anything. He is amazing, and I am so lucky to be married to him. He doesn't like to show his romantic side very often, but when he does, I just love it.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love when the romantic side comes out too! And I think your picture is just fine =)

Michelle Kynaston said...

That sounds like a fun evening! He is one of the smartest people Mike and I know, and we think he can do anything too. Happy Anniversary! We're so excited to see you guys!!!!!

love,
Cherilyn