Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sammy: Fast Forward 6 months






When he was born he had a popped blood vessel in his right eye. If you look closely you can see it in this picture. At first we were worried about it, but the doctor said it was quite common, and it soon went away.


First bath-- he cried all the way through it.
He soon started enjoying his baths, though, and loves to splash and kick furiously with his legs. He loves the water.






Blessing Day-- May 2, 2010
Gabe gave him a beautiful blessing. In it he explained where his name comes from:
Samuel-from the Old Testament, as well as Samuel the Lamanite from the Book of Mormon.
Hunter-mother's maiden name, blessed that he will have a sweet temperament like her.


Has never liked his swing too much. He would much rather be held, which I don't mind obliging him, except that I never get anything else done. :)


I love this boy.


Ashlee and Benny adore him, and Benny cannot stop touching him, or laying on him, or head butting him.






At just a little after 4 mths, he started rolling over, and hasn't stopped since. I call him my "roly poly" baby, cuz he rolls around so much.


He loves playing around with his older brother Benny, except when he is getting squished. :)
They like to watch Thomas the train engine together.


4 Mth Checkup @ a whopping 19 lbs. 4ozs.!
Look at those rolls!! What a chub.


Fell asleep at his Uncle Andrew and Morgan's wedding in July 2010.


Sammy playing with his Hunter cousins (Emma and Chloe) who are all just about a month apart.
I think Sammy gets the "Thunder Thighs" award. :)


Playing around...




Learning to sit up!!

4 comments:

Christa Skousen said...

What a little sweetie. I want to squeeze his cheeks!! It sounds Iike I might have the chance to do that at Christmastime. I'm so glad you guys are coming this way!

And your house looks great! Way to go Gabe.

Chris and Emily said...

He is so cute! They grow big so fast. It is hard to believe he is 6 months.

michelle kynaston said...

wow Becca, these photos make me homesick for your family. I was just telling my friend here all about you and the fun we had together, and how much fun our families had together. I can't believe how grown up Benny is getting. Such a handsome boy, and you are looking so fantastic too. Being pregnant, and seeing your photo gives me hope. I can get there someday too. =) Sam is getting so able - it's amazing how much they can do after just 6 months!

we love you - give our love to Gabe and the kids too!
Cherilyn

michelle kynaston said...

hey i made your banana bread tonight and it was delicious! I also made your lime drink last sunday and had fun memories of you guys to think of then too!

And yes we do need to get together....=)