We drove down to San Antonio, and stayed with my sister Emily and her family over Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving dinner was DELICIOUS!! Many thanks to Emily for preparing such a grand feast! Then we got to go and see Holly and Tyler and eat dessert with their family. There is nothing better than eating good food with people you love. I love this holiday. And I have so much to be grateful for. I have truly been blessed in my life. I think I often like to dwell on the negative; things about myself I'd like to change, how things could be going better, but really I have been blessed with so much: growing up in a wonderful family, and I married a wonderful man who really tries to make me happy and makes me laugh, and the sweetest kids in the whole world. And the knowledge of the gospel to tell me who I am, and gives me a road map through life to help me get where I want to go. I don't know how people get through life without it. I have been blessed.
Anyway here's some of the highlights of our trip:
SEA WORLD!!!

Waiting for the Sesame Street show to start.

Can you find Ashlee in the crowd? (Hint: she has braids and is wearing a pink coat.)

Feeding the dolphins.


Sea Lion Show

Polar Express in 4D
Benny hated the steam blown in his face during the show.

I did not get a good picture of the rollercoaster ride that Ashlee really liked. She insisted on going on it again and again, but finally we had to tell her no, we have to go home now.

Ashlee and Benny got a lot of good COUSIN TIME in, and Gabe and I were able to sneak away to the Temple Saturday morning.





Then Saturday evening we were able to watch the BYU vs. Utah game on TV. As usual, I wish I had taken more pictures, but this will have to do. I've noticed a lot of my pictures are a little fuzzy sometimes, and I'd really like to fix that. I don't know if it's me or my camera...maybe I just need to pick up the camera manual someday and actually read it. :)
It turned out to be a really fun Thanksgiving. I'm so grateful that in the past year not one, but TWO of our family members have decided to move closer to us so we can see them more often.




2 comments:
Looks like a really fun Thanksgiving. Only thing that could have been better is to be with you. Love ya, Mom
Sounds like you had a ton of fun on Thanksgiving, once again we are jealous that you and Holly live near each other and we're on the other end of the country, live it up while you can!
Post a Comment