Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

Our spooky house


Our porch is not actually on fire as it may seem ... That is just the warm glow of a brightly lit pumpkin. Ashlee wanted an Ariel pumpkin this year, so her Daddy carved this for her. He really does an amazing job... it looked awesome.



I don't get into the pumpkin carving as much as Gabe does. Doing all that work to only last a couple days before it rots just doesn't appeal to me (not to mention the mess it makes). That's why we've just got the one pumpkin.

We dressed up as a bug family this year. Benny was a bumble bee.


Ashlee was a cute little butterfly.


This is not the best picture of all of us, but it was the only one that was taken, so it'll have to do. We were at the ward Trunk Or Treat.
I was a ladybug.
And Gabe went as "Bug Spray."
It says on his shirt, "Effective against all kinds of household pests, including: (pictures of) ladybugs, bees, butterflys." I told him to bring a water spray bottle too, to squirt people with, but the only person he ended up squirting was me. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut.


Halloween night we ate dinner and watched a movie, Monsters vs. Aliens, then took the kids trick-or-treating.

Ashlee and Benny really got into trick-or-treating this year, and Benny insisted on walking and carrying his bag the whole way. By the end it was dragging on the ground, but he was stubborn about it, and would not for anything let me hold it. He loves his candy.

After we got the kids to bed, we went over to talk to our neighbors for a bit and we played a game with them called "Washer Pitching?" (or something like that) It is similar to horseshoes. Not to brag or anything, but I did pretty well and even beat Gabe at it. That doesn't happen very often so when it happens I have to rub it in. :)

It is fun to see the kids get a little older and get excited for Halloween and the upcoming holidays. I love to see their eyes light up as they get to eat their candy.
Hope you all had a happy Halloween!!!!

4 comments:

John & Renee said...

I love the bug idea and bug spray Your costumes are great. Love ya, Mom

Kirst said...

Sounds like fun, Awesome pumpkin Gabe...and funny that we just got that washer Game a few weeks ago, it's a tough one, I'm glad you put Gabe in his place with it Bec.

Michelle Kynaston said...

great costumes! We were lame and didn't even dress up. =)

I love that Benny wouldn't let you hold his candy. So funny! Levi didn't quite get it - he wanted to eat all the candy before moving on to the next house. He doesn't quite understand the law of the harvest. =)

Glad to see Gabe changed your header - sorry! I hept forgetting about it! Cute new phrase btw....

Gabe said...

Man, that is one sweet pumpkin! If only it were a little more manly.

Great idea on the windows Beck! I love it.

Is it cheesy that I'm complimenting ourselves?